Scienscope career opportunity
Position: Field service/Applications engineer for X-Ray products (Full Time)
We are currently searching for an experienced field service/applications engineer to work in our x-ray division at our Chino, California headquarters. Knowledge of the SMT industry is required. Willingness to travel between 50 and 70%.
The role of the Field Service/applications engineer is to provide professional support for Scienscope customers by performing machine installation, field repairs, and maintenance of x-ray equipment. This role will also function as an applications engineer providing pre and post sales support.
Typical duties will include but are not limited to the following:
Daily office responsibilities
• Phone support
• Setting up machines e.g. calibration, testing
• Preparing machines to ship to customers
• S/W testing/Hardware testing while providing detailed constructive feedback
• Installation and training of new equipment
• Service support to existing installations via phone and on site
◦ Repair, maintenance, tests, calibrations, diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions
• Prepare detailed service reports and maintain records
• Pre and post-sales support
◦ Customer demonstrations of machine live, and via online connection
◦ Provide detailed reporting of tests results for customer evaluation samples
◦ May be required to visit customers with local sales rep to provide technical support
• Trade show
◦ Set up and break-down at industry trade shows
◦ Live demonstrations at trade shows
• Travel is estimated to be between 50% and 70%
• While experience with x-ray is desired, it is not necessary but a “Hands-On” experienced technician with Electro-mechanical skill set is.
• Basic knowledge in the SMT industry is required
• Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair and service equipment
• English literacy
• Basic understanding of electrical schematics
• Ability to use common hand tools
• Common computer abilities e.g. MS Word, Email, Excel, etc.
Please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Business Development/Sales Manager